Study for the HERA-LHC Workshop
Forward jets in LHCb
To study the nature and usefulness of forward jets produced within the LHCb detector range.
Main topics to address on the nature of the jets are:
A topical list of studies on the usefulness of forward jets for the LHCb physics program could be:
- Pythia versus Cascade description of "LHCb forward jets":
are the jets produced within the LHCb range really forward in the sense that
a standard MC such as Pythia gives significantly different results from a forward-physics
MC such as Cascade?
- How do the above results for all jets change when considering b-jets only?
- can one use the reconstructed b-jet for inclusive triggering (in the high level trigger)?
- b-jet (charge) useful for flavour tagging?
- what kind of jet algorithms are best to use in the (very) forward region?
Eduardo Rodrigues (CERN)
At some stage a collaborator from HERA will be welcome to compare and discuss the
results in the case of DIS; Jacek Turnau (from H1) raised interest.
In particular, it would be interesting to compare how Pythia versus Cascade describe
forward jets in DIS.
- Pythia versus Cascade description of "LHCb forward jets"
- First results to be presented at the October meeting at CERN
Set-up of Cascade to simulate pp collisions at the LHC with LHCb-specific settings.